THE CONCEPT BEHIND DIGITAL MARKETING?
Digital marketing is the process of trading and marketing of products and services using technologies over digital media, mainly on the web by establishing up foundations and maintenance of customer trust, customer satisfaction and relationships through activities over online media such as mobile phones, display advertising, and any other digital medium to facilitate the exchange of ideas, products, and services that satisfy the goals of both parties.
WHY ARE PEOPLE GOING ONLINE?
- For information on a new product, service or location
- If they have a question
- If they are looking for help
- If they want more information on certain individuals or organizations
- Meeting attendants
- Business contacts
- General information (maybe about you)
- New employees
With the continuous development and growth of the web and more people are getting connected and use to it every day, digital marketing has become a necessity for many people as well as organizations. This also includes SME’s (Small and medium enterprises) that wants to trade and go online and create an image or a reputation online for themselves on the web.
The web is crowded and cluttered with information. If you have a website, can these people reach you that are searching the web for answers?
BENEFITS OF DIGITAL MARKETING
Over traditional marketing
- Puts the consumer in control
- Provides convenience
- Increases satisfaction
- Drives brand loyalty
- Reduces the selling cycle
- Reduces the cost of sales
- Builds your brand
- Provides targeted results
- It is measurable
OBJECTIVES OF DIGITAL MARKETING
One method to get yourself reputed online and get identified over the online media works via a simple methodology consists of well planned strategic management digital marketing strategy. Most digital marketing strategies and campaigns have the following 5 objectives.
- Reaching the right audience
- To engage with your audience
- To motivate your audience to take action
- Efficient spending on your campaign
- Return on investment (ROI)